Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Working Online

If I want to do all of my work online, so I don't have to worry about having the right computer with me, or even a full computer with me, how do I do it? It looks like there are a few online applications (ThinkFree, Zoho, Google Docs-although the latter doesn't yet work in Safari) where I can edit from a browser on my Mac.

Here are my questions, or at least, unresolved issues:
* can I edit OO format documents, or only Microsoft?
* can I at least view these OO documents from my iPhone?
* can I edit somehow from my iPhone?
* do I always have to down/upload the documents to one of these sites? I can't always do that from my iPhone, but many of these documents were emailed to me, if that helps.

More questions, and I'm hopeful, some answers, as I figure them out. I'm headed off to the Office 2.0 conference tomorrow, so maybe all will be revealed there. And, everyone there will be using an iPhone!

No comments: